Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beginning to blog.....and some pics!

Hello, I'm new here in blogland, although I have visited many others in the past few weeks. I love to decorate with things I find at junk shops, flea markets, estate sales, yard sales, and I love to collect things that "speak" to me. Please visit my website, pineyrose.com for some of my finds.

Here's some pics....

This is a pretty little French side table I found in a junk store several years ago - it was painted a hideous bright blue and the beautiful wood carving on top was covered in cigarette burns. I had those sanded out and had it restored to its former beauty.


Here is a vitrine where I display my perfume bottle collection among other pretties. It lights up from the bottom.

Here is the sitting area, my favorite place, but I have simply GOT to find more time to sit...you know what I mean?

6 comments:

Denise said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your sitting room...and those arches in your house, just love them! Yes....we all need to sit and relax more don't we..

A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi There! SO happy that you stopped by. Oh I totally get it * gotta sit more and do nothing right??? not gonna happen tho!!

christineleephotography said...

I found you through Dawn over at The Feathered Nest! I love your sitting area. So beautiful and tres chic!!

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Your room is so beautiful and inviting! I just love the arch way!!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Your sitting room is sublime!! Look at those windows. You should set aside 30 minutes a day to sit in your room. Have tea, a favorite magazine or snack... just sit. Make a phone call to a friend to say hello. just be you.

Welcome to blogdome. I came by way of A Gathering of Thoughs.

Magic Moonlight said...

Lovely Home! is so Beautiful! I love miniatures too!