Friday, June 3, 2011

My BLESSINGS journal, and a some recent finds

I am taking part in Christian Paper Crafts Thursday Bible Verse Challenge.  I want to share my Blessings Journal that I just finished. In it I am writing my daily blessings - the unexpected things that the Lord sends that bring me joy and make my heart overflow.


Here are my yard sale finds today. I found a fabulous art glass vase, china teacups and saucers made in Austria, a huge roll of silky ribbon used as blanket binding - isn't it a yummy color?, and a darling wooden drawer with a label bracket on the front and divided sections. This would be great sitting on a coffee table filled with curiosities, or as a base for altered art.  I hope you find some great things this weekend as well!



5 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh Melissa, your journal is so beautiful. I absolutely love it. You will be SO rewarded when you start journaling your blessings and reflect back on them. Thanks for playing along with the challenge.

That satin ribbon is delightful, I surely would have bought that as well, and those dainty little teacups with forget me nots, how sweet is that!! ~ Abby

Jan Marie said...

Love your journal. . .it's just beautiful! And your finds are quite the treasure. . .love that wooden drawer and the blanket binding. . so many possibilities! Blessings!

doulanana said...

Thank you for the kind comments about my blog and the generous offer of your free vintage stuff! I love, love, love your blessing journal. Its just beautiful. I really want to make one right now!!
Thanks for directing me here to such a lovely blog!

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

What wonderful finds!! I love that drawer!

R Mom said...

I saw a cute idea for an old drawer mounted on the wall and used as shelves/display case.