Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vintage Style Wedding Favor Boxes







I just finished these and listed them in my Etsy shop. They could be used as gift boxes for bridesmaids' gifts, or little favors. I used sheet music images which I reduced in size to cover boxes, tied them up with sheer nylon ribbons (which is actually the stuff used in sewing to stabilize armholes - LOL - so pretty though), and vintage ring cake toppers. Only a set of 5 - I don't like to do large quantities of anything - that gets monotonous and stifles my creativity *smile*.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty. Tiny, simple, sweet.
Hugs, Diane

Nanette said...

Hi Melissa,
Those turned out so sweet!
Valerie

Shari said...

thoughtful

Hope said...

Hi Melissa~
I found you over at Crowns & Pearls in your comment to Stephanie about reading. I rarely read either....but I am trying to. I agree with you....it is hard to get anything else done....and by the look of your blog & your profile I see you are a very busy girl! We have so many things in common & your blog is lovely.
XO~Hope

Sandi said...

Those boxes are beautiful Melissa! Great job.
Blessings~

Hope said...

Hi Melissa~
Ok....now we are in agreement....I thought it was just me thinking we had a lot in common. Yes...Odon/Loogootee are so very close to me! The Amish flea market is neat. My craft room is not organized now...you should see it!
Blessings~Hope

Anonymous said...

I really like these boxes.....and the music you have playing is SO relaxing. :)

Heidi said...

Great idea! I love embellishing these boxes, but I am with you...I don't like to make the same thing over and over.
:)Heidi