Thursday, July 1, 2010

Farm Chic AND French Chic

I know I've been long between posts lately, but I do hereby vow to do better! Lots of summer happenings, flea markets and selling and shipping have kept me from updating regularly. I have a truckload of stuff to get cleaned up, photographed and listed, but here are just a couple of small things I've found recently.

Are you fond of the "farmstyle" or "farm chic" look? It's really catching on. When I saw this cute little chickenwire basket, I knew it would fit right in.
And I found these french candy or mint tins yesterday. They are newer, but the candies are imported from France. The village of Flavigny is a village in France is the sole producer of the anise based candies and were originally manufactured by monks. Flavigny is also the location of the filming of the movie Chocolat.

Farmstyle OR French, they are both a bit romantic, don't you think?

5 comments:

stefanie said...

a truck load...oooo, how fun is that!!!!!

JoAnne said...

Hi Melissa,
Yes, very romantic. Great finds! Happy to see you posting again.
xoJoAnne

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Glad things are going well for you! Summer is much more busy then I expected too.

I love farmstyle too! Great tins!

~Holly

Anonymous said...

Oh I surely do! i grew up in the country...and it does have a romance of it's own!

I just wanted to come by and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment regarding my creativity on Debi's blog...I truly appreciate your kind words!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Nanette said...

Hi Melissa,
Trying to catch up as I have not had internet recently. Your tribute to your father was so sweet. I like your new finds, very romantic. Have a wonderful holiday!
Valerie